Nowadays surveillance market delivers plenty of video management software ( VMS ). Some of the VMS developing companies are just growing, improving their positions on a market on yearly basis challenging the market leaders, while others are major players with well established reputation. All of these companies have one thing in common – they are trying to provide video surveillance industry with effective tools to manage surveillance equipment.
In this article we are reviewing open-platform video management software. The main goal of this software is to provide ability to setup and manage video surveillance equipment from different independent manufacturers. We have reviewed 6 top open-platform software vendors and summarized it in the spreadsheet.
- Aimetis . Founded in 2001 with head quartered in Canada. Software: Symphony Enterprise.Primarily serves: education, government, healthcare, industry, retail and transportation.
- Avigilon. Founded in 2004 with headquarters are in Canada. Software: Control Center. Primarily serves: airports, casinos, financial/banking institutions, government agencies and retail.
- Axxonsoft. Founded in 2003 with headquarters in Russia. Software: Intellect Enterprise. Primarily serves: retail, banks, airports, seaports, manufacturing facilities, oil & gas sector, governmental and commercial sites.
- Genetec. Founded in 1997 with headquarters in Software: Security Center. Primarily serves:public and private sectors, education and transportation.
- OnSSi. Founded in 2002 with headquarters in USA. Software: Ocularis Enterprise. Primarily serves: government agencies, enterprise, industrial and educational organizations.
- Milestone. Founded in 1998 with headquarters in Denmark. Software: Xprotect Corporate.Primarily serves: government, banking/financial, education (public/private) and corporate enterprises.
|#||Characteristics||Aimetis Symphony Enterprise||Avigilon Control Center||Axxon Intellect Enterprise||Genetec Security Center||OnSSi Ocularis Enterprise||Milestone Xprotect Corporate|
|3||Unlimited number of servers||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|4||Unlimited number of clients||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|7||Maximum number of channels per server (recording)||unlimited||128||unlimited||unlimited||300||unlimited|
|8||Maximum number of channels per server (displaying)||36||36||unlimited||16||64||64|
|12||Archiving (including remote storage)||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|13||Video wall mode||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|16||Licence plate recognition||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|18||Abandoned objects detection||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|20||Intellegent archive search||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO||YES|
Contributed by : Adam Marten, Senior Consultant at Top VMS World
For product & projects inquiry regarding the video management software ‘s, related CCTV Cameras & solutions, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org